Nightswimming

“I spent a long time trying to find my center until I looked closely one night and found it had wheels and moved easily in the slightest breeze, so now I spend less time sitting and more time sailing.”

18 January 2007

Fast Forward

It's been too long--and it will be a bit longer before I can write anything of substance. In the last weeks I've had my parents here, moved to a new flat, worked pretty much every day, lost a few of my closet friends to their home cities and "real lives," and fallen in love with Delhi all over again. Here, a photographic narrative of the last month until I can do better:

Me, Jaya, Emma


Christmas Eve

Hare Krishna Pizza--our cousin Brian







The parents.


The kids.



Lalit and Samadhan

My mom's training session at Naz.

Rex, Me, My Mom, & Theresa at a co-worker's wedding




A night out in Delhi.


Tall and Small


Rex's frat boys being silly

Sonu (the receptionist), Shivani, and Nikita in the entrance of Naz

Me with Shivani


Me with Sanket, the newest Naz family member and one of my favorite kids ever (he looks sad b/c his tummy hurt)



2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle. Your mom, rebec, me an Lolly have just been reading your blogs out loud. Great stuff. Keep up the wonderful writing, as now I know where your blog is we'll be following up.

Eric

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there
we saw the pics and you look like a giant Easter Egg at Russian orthodox church. Lolly is slowly gaining strength and is looking better every day. Love to you and the little people around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home