Nightswimming

“I spent a long time trying to find my center until I looked closely one night and found it had wheels and moved easily in the slightest breeze, so now I spend less time sitting and more time sailing.”

20 November 2006

Mera dil hai Hindustani

"The simple and astonishing truth about India and Indian people is that when you go there, and deal with them, your heart always guides you more wisely than your head. There's nowhere else in the world where that's quite so true." --Shantaram

In the last several days I have found myself beginning to cry at the beauty of life. I have never properly understood people who find faith in tragedy. Last week, we found out that my cousin is seriously ill, and I am angry that awful things happen to such wonderful people. But in the midst of this I have had more contact with my family, which, in turn, has motivated me to connect with other important people in my life. And there are moments when I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of love that is shared between us all. It's overpowering. At least once a day, tears have sprung to my eyes--certainly in some part because of sadness, but more so as the natural release of the chill that runs up my spine when I think of how lucky I am to be loved so well and to have so many others worth loving.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're awesome. i love you.

jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home